While Cas was in Miami with Uncle Libero celebrating his last weekend of singledom, Collin and I spent the weekend with Grammy and Brownie. Saturday morning we joined the 35,000 other walkers and runners at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It was fun to see that much pink and inspiring to watch the ladies going through the survivors path at the end of the 5k. Collin was so busy watching the crowd and the high school bands and cheering squads on the sidelines that he forgot to take a morning nap.
Saturday evening we visited a pumpkin patch at a church near my parents' home.


When we weren't making our own sound effects and crazy motions, it was funny to watch the other parents and family members doing their own silly antics to encourage the babies and toddlers to smile.

I was so impressed with Grammy Lesa who was able to get Collin to deliver some huge grins. In this picture, Collin is staring at her in gleeful anticipation as she creeps towards him. Someone should have been recording my mom on her hands and knees crawling through the hay at her grandson. But the resulting smiles where you can see the excitement in Collin's hands & face were worth the effort.
My sweet boy in a rare moment of content stillness . . . before he reached for some hay to eat -

As far as Cas and I know, you have to look through the viewfinder rather than the digital screen to use our camera. So Grammy was doing her creepy crawling to make Collin smile, and then would pop up, look through the camera and shoot. It was nuts but she captured some great photos -
With two top teeth coming in, of course Collin would try to eat the pumpkins -

I'm not sure at what point Collin crosses over from baby to toddler, but I feel like we're fast approaching that switch, as Collin tries to look bigger by pulling up on everything.

I am loving this stage of life. While I can get absolutely nothing accomplished when Collin is awake (with regards to making a meal or picking up our home), it is fun to watch him explore. He crawls from room to room in our house, but the best is when he crawls to my legs to be picked up or crawls on to my lap . . . though that's normally in route to come pull my hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment