Friday, September 24, 2010

Collin's Baby Dedication (part 2)

After the ceremony at our church, we went for a not-so-fancy dinner at our favorite pizza spot. This picture of Collin with Great Grandma Betty is just joy to me. Joy that Collin is blessed to have three GREAT grandmothers in his life, and joy that they are delighted to be his great grandma!
Collin had fun playing with Uncle Libero -
Grandpa Brownie got some ticklish squeals -
I'm not sure who was having a better time - Collin or his grandpa
My dad is notorious for stealing Collin from whoever is holding him, but on Sunday it was really fun to sit back and watch the subtle battle for Collin-time. He was passed around to everyone, but I'm pretty sure everyone thought their Collin-time was too short. I enjoyed eating an entirely hot meal, which because I'm a slow eater and Collin's needs interrupt my meals, is super rare for me.

Collin was showing off for Grammy, blowing raspberries. Unfortunately the laughing encouraged the action . . . later the next day he blew me some raspberries with a mouth full of ground fish - lovely!
The grandmas -
I found it ironic that though there were hundreds of pretty backgrounds at our church and we took multiple pictures on 3 different cameras, one of my favorite photos did not include Cas or me, but was taken in one attempt, standing in the pizza parking lot, before everyone piled into cars. Here's Collin and Uncle Libero at dusk-
Stubbornly continuing in my pursuit, we tried one last time before driving away for a family shot. Collin was grinning away at Grandma Libia, but unfortunately she wasn't the one with the camera -

Fortunately, I have some great mental memories of the evening. I will remember Collin trying to grab our pastor's microphone. I will remember Cas kneeling in prayer for our family. I will remember our wonderful family that was able to join us on a Sunday evening, and who loves Collin so much that no one wanted to share him.

Finally I will remember the verse read over Collin as part of our dedication - Col 1:9-10, "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God."

I feel like God is trying to get it through my hard head not to waste my life focused on filling walls with "perfect" family pictures, but instead to spend my life worshipping my perfect Savior and living in such a way that makes Jesus attractive to Collin and my family and friends. And the challenge of that will make taking a great family photo seem like a piece of cake in comparison!

No comments:

Post a Comment